I took advantage of the Affordable Care Act legislation that encouraged my insurance company to cover the costs of a breast pump. I selected the Ameda Purely yours, a closed system dual electric pump. I purchased a Medela Advanced pump-in-style (open system) pump with my first son; Unfortunately at nearly $300 it wasn't a great fit for me. I was thrilled to have this expense covered for baby 3, and currently have both pumps at home. Although the Ameda came without a bag, my Medela came in a black synthetic tote. It's the black bag that anyone who has shopped for baby items can recognize...it doesn't match anything and my bag always looks like it needs to be washed.
When my Ameda pump arrived, I was shocked to see that it was just the pump..... 1 pump, 1 tubing set, 2 breast shields, 2 valves, 2 bottles...the end. I tried using several bags including our diaper bag, a tote, and a bag the hospital gave me to carry these items. None of them worked well and I found myself fumbling with my supplies at work. I even dropped parts on the floor trying to get everything together. I was thrilled to find an amazing fashionable-breastfeeding-Mom-discovered company that makes beautiful functional pump bags; Juno Blu.
- adjustable optional shoulder strap
- gold hardware finish
- exterior front pockets for pump and storage
- exterior side thermo-insulated pocket, keeps liquids warm/cool for up to 4hrs (time will vary depending on external temperature)
- 2 reusable ice packs for insulated pocket
- washable, blue dirty bottle bag
- interior zipper, cell phone pockets and key ring clasp
- wipe clean lining
- pump pocket size (compatible with various pump sizes): 6" deep x 6" wide x 6" high
- tote dimensions: 15" wide x 11.5" high x 7.25" deep (find bag here)
In addition to the well organized interior, both sides of the tote are functional. The side shown both above (closed) and below (open) comes with ice packs and is insulated to keep pumped milk cool for up to 4 hours! Obviously you wouldn't leave this in the sun or by a heater, but adding an additional ice pack, or storing in a fridge is a great way to keep milk an an ideal temperature for longer periods until it can be placed in the refrigerator or freezer at home.
- Ameda Pump
- Plug outlet cord
- Plug with AC adapter cord for car
- 2 Medela Bottles
- 2 Ameda Bottles
- Stack of storage bags
- 2 bag adapters for pump
- 6 bottle caps (extra for instances when I drop one)
- Hands-free pumping bra
- Breast shields with properly fitting phlanges, valves and tubing.
- Quick clean wipes and hand sanitizer
The Juno Blu Breast Pump Bags come with a reusable storage bag that is great for holding clean parts. Not only does it help keep your pump parts clean, but it also provides easy access to them when you're ready to pump. It also comes with this fantastic cotton storage bag, a removable shoulder strap, and two handles great for a shoulder carry.